Headquarters: Seattle, Washington
IPinfo is a leading provider of IP address data. Our API handles over 40 billion requests a month, and we also license our data for use in many products and services you might have used. We started as a side project back in 2013, offering a free geolocation API, and we've since bootstrapped ourselves to a profitable business with a global team of 17, and grown our data offerings to include geolocation, IP to company, carrier detection, and VPN detection. Our customers include T-Mobile, Nike, DataDog, DemandBase, Clearbit, and many more.
How we work
We have a small and ambitious team, spread all over the globe. We sync up on a monthly all-hands Zoom call, and most teams do a call together every 2 weeks. Everything else happens asynchronously, via Slack, GitHub, Linear, and Notion. That means you can pick the hours that work best for you, to allow you to be at your most productive.
To thrive in this environment you'll need to have high levels of autonomy and ownership. You have to be resourceful and able to work effectively in a remote setup.
DevRel is an interdisciplinary role that sits in a border space between product, engineering, and marketing. Generalists by preference and by necessity. We're looking to make our first Developer Relations hire at IPinfo. This role has a huge impact potential so we're looking for the right candidate who has the experience and ambition to help take IPinfo to the next level.
What you'll be doing:
- Help build awareness of and trust in IPinfo.
- Reimagine developer documentation from the ground up, including API/SDK references, developer documentation, guides, and FAQs. Enable developers to succeed with the IPinfo data products.
- Build and engage with the community ecosystem, participating in relevant technical communities to gain a deep understanding of community needs. Contribute to open-source projects and wider community discussions/talks/meetups. Track and process IPinfo mentions.
- Work on enabling new partnerships and integrations with marketing and integration teams.
- Work with sales & customer success teams to present IPinfo products and answer technical questions.
- Speak at events, meetups, and conferences about APIs, IPinfo, data, and developer experience.
What you'll need:
- 2-3 years of developer relations, developer advocacy or developer evangelism experience
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a sophisticated technical issue in such a way that most people could understand & translate the words behind the words in meetings with customers
- You should be familiar with creating developer-facing content across multiple formats, such as blog posts, videos, and code samples.
- You don't need to have experience with IPinfo’s APIs and data, but it's definitely a plus. Any IP address domain knowledge would be useful too, but we can help get you up to speed here: ASN / BGP / CIDR / Ping / Traceroute / Whois etc
What we offer
- 100% remote team and work environment (Apply from anywhere!)
- Flexible working hours
- Minimal meetings
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy
- Interesting and challenging work
The hiring process
Our hiring process consists of an introductory call, followed by an additional interview. After these 2 calls, we have a trial exercise where you'll work on a real problem. If this all goes well, we're ready to bring you onboard full-time.
How to apply
Use the "Apply Now" to fill in your details.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/ipinfo-io-ip-data-provider-developer-relations-engineer