Headquarters: 225 Broadway #600 San Diego, CA – 92101
Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3 (R&D)
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for solving complex product issues in a very fast-paced and demanding environment. These issues range from straightforward product issues through complex integrations across multiple platforms and technology stacks. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical aptitude who can manage difficult and/or complex customer situations and be a powerful communicator with the ability to provide strong guidance towards a positive resolution. To be successful in this role the candidate must be able to execute with a high degree of competency in solving problems, while working cross-functionally with Product Development and Customer Success teams to resolve customer issues in a timely manner while maintaining excellent professional standards.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Have excellent understanding of Application Programming Interfaces and how they are deployed and used in a customer environment. Be able to become an expert in the SOCi APIs and how to implement and support them in a production environment.
- Have a current, functional command of SQL and how to write queries to solve specific customer issues. Have a strong understanding of database architecture and data models on which to build and execute SQL queries.
- Be well versed in Single SignOn methodologies and supporting technologies.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Have exceptional understanding of Software-As-A-Service architectures and be well versed on the underlying technology stacks (Development Languages, Database Technologies, SSO Technologies, Hosting Technologies).
- Be capable of performing in a fast paced, fast growing environment with aggressive SLAs.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and concisely with customers via support tickets or phone (as needed).
- Have exceptional support triage and root cause analyses skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a technical support engineer, or software engineer, working in a team environment, and working directly with customers, internal or external
- Knowledge of and/or experience in:
- cloud computing and multi-tenant architecture concepts
- supporting APIs and familiarity with integration protocols
- basic testing principles as well as basic software engineering principles
- basic syntax in 1-2 languages
- PHP, SQL, Java
- reading existing code to identify issues
- writing simple functions
- Familiarity with using revision control applications such as JIRA
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal are an ABSOLUTE must (if you are not an exceptional writer do not apply for this position - all candidates will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively
- Possess a competitive attitude with a persistent desire to win
- Proven success in cross-functional collaboration
- Experience in customer service, in non-technical environments
- The ability to self-direct as circumstances change and priorities shift, based on organizational needs, without the need for constant management
- Respect processes but be adaptable to change
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to empathize and build customer relationships
- Coachable, open to feedback, and dedicated to constant self-improvement
- Enterprise-ready, solution-oriented mindset to understand and solve complex customer issues
Why Work for SOCi?
- Everyone is held to the highest standards, but we make sure to have fun too
- Opportunity to really make a difference and implement your ideas
- Be a part of something you believe in
- Culture of constant learning and professional growth
SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
What's SOCi's culture like?
Led by a team of industry experts, SOCi is leading the pack in Localized Marketing for Multi-Location brands. Our passionate team of SOCialites work from home around the globe! This position is remote and thereby needing stable internet connection to be successful in this role. We offer flexible PTO, comprehensive health & benefits packages, 401k and matching (amongst many other perks). Every new team member is equipped with a MacBook laptop, tech accessories & SOCi swag. We are a fast-paced, agile environment where thought leadership and input is encouraged. If you are looking for a place where you can come and make a difference in the way enterprise organizations utilize social technology, then SOCi is for you.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/soci-inc-technical-support-engineer-r-d-tier-iii