This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Contractors will not be considered and working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is not permitted for this role.
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Lead Mobile Software Engineer to join our Mobile Team. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers.
We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality. We are hiring an experienced mobile engineering leader who shares our passion to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor in any situation.
As the Lead Software Engineer on the Mobile Team, you will have a direct and immediate impact on Bittrex customers. In this role you will make decisions and provide technical guidance as the mobile area expert. You will mentor and lead the engineers who report to you, partner with stakeholders cross-functionally, plan and scope future projects, and guide new feature development. You will tackle all kinds of problems having to do with usability, security, performance, reliability, and scalability to build an experience that is pure awesomeness. We are constantly looking to leverage new technologies and you will be at the forefront of it all.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and architect multiple mobile applications for major platforms. (iOS, Android)
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers while assuming full responsibility of the development cycle and delivery of mobile applications
- Screen, interview, hire, train and mentor mobile engineers reporting directly to this position
- Guide professional development for each direct report through performance management and coaching
- Foster a culture of inclusion, trust, mentorship, praise, constructive feedback to continually build, develop and retain the team
- Plan and oversee project execution from an engineering perspective (including task breakout, code reviews, integration into code repos, etc.)
- Build and maintain major CI/CD pipelines and other services needed to support the organization's mobile efforts
- Ensure quality delivery of components from other engineers that meet Bittrex standards for security, maintainability, and scalability
- Engineer engaging and usable UIs to effortlessly explore large amounts of data
- Help set technical standards and best practices for the mobile team
- Design and implement RESTful API endpoints and related data layer to drive new user experiences
- Build and ship reusable, testable code that will help drive engineering maturity and efficiency as the team grows
- Develop efficient, reliable solutions that can scale to millions of users
- Collaborate well across disciplines (design, PM, PO, business, etc.) and with peer engineering teams via Slack and Zoom to discuss solutions and provide ongoing status
Technology you will be using
( We are a Microsoft shop):
- React Native
- .NET Framework
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of engineering experience building high-quality, high-scale production code
- 3-5+ years of experience managing a team of mobile or fullstack engineers
- Experience in building pipelines and deploying mobile applications to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, preferably using React Native
- Experience building mobile products with consideration of performance scaling during high data throughput (or similar)
- Solid debugging and testing skills
- Self-motivation with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira, Azure Dev Ops, etc.)
- BS. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Borderline paranoia about protecting customer data and assets
- Awareness of cross-platform compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Experience leading distributed teams
- Experience in building mobile applications using React Native
- Experience leveraging analytics and feedback systems to improve user experience (e.g. FireBase, Crashlytics, Mixpanel)
- Passion to drive code quality and standards
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Stack
- An understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and/or SQL Azure
- Experience with C# and the .Net Framework
- Experience with npm, git, and issue tracking systems (Jira, VSTS, etc.)
- Prior engineering experience in cryptocurrency, fintech, or financial services
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Some highlights of our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance - Bittrex pays 100% of premiums for benefit eligible employees and 75% of premiums for spouse/domestic partner and children.
- Unlimited PTO, plus 13 company-paid holidays annually
- 401K Match up to 4%
- HSA & FSA Accounts
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Home Office Stipend
- Fertility Benefits
- Parental & Medical Leave
- Pet Bereavement Leav
- Recruiter Phone Screen (30 min)
- Technical Interview (via Zoom, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom, 3-4 hours, can be split over two days)
Prior to each step, we will send tips on what to expect and how to prepare.
Mobile Development, React Native, Building Teams, APIs, Mobile TestingReact Native, .NET