Senior Software Engineer
We're looking for a talented senior developer with a desire to help us build industry leading solutions for the nation's top corporations. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will apply your development skills to help us create innovative products that assist employers with maintaining HR compliance and building diverse and inclusive workforces.
You're excited to create software solutions for complex and evolving problems. You are confident releasing code in an environment with automated tests and an agile development process. You appreciate the craft and art of the process, and you understand the value of Test Driven Development (TDD). You enjoy coaching others and participating in architectural discussions with a team of developers, unafraid to both voice your opinion and make space for others to contribute. You’re excited to present your team’s work to stakeholders to share progress and ask for feedback.
You have 6 or more years of proven experience in software development and know that it’s more than just writing code. You’ve got some background in React, Angular, Vue.js, or another modern front-end framework. You have experience writing solutions in C# for the .NET Core platform, and you have fluency in the core API. You’re familiar with containerization and cloud computing concepts. You have some familiarity with the concept of reading “legacy” code and articulating your findings to others. You regularly involve others in your development process through design sessions, pair programming, swarming, or other means.
About the Position
You'll be developing high performance, secure backend systems in .NET Core and flexible, usable, and accessible frontend applications in VueJS. You'll participate in an Agile software process that encourages creativity, collaboration, and iteration, while also coaching and providing feedback to junior developers and engineers. You'll reverse engineer legacy code and either make changes to this code or find ways to recreate and improve the functionality in our new technology stack. You'll help make large system design and architectural decisions for greenfield solutions.
Our Tech Stack:
• VueJS / Vuetify.js
• C# (.net Core)
• Containerized App Development
• SQL Server / PostgreSQL
• Microsoft Azure
Day in the Life
Successful Senior Software Engineers at Circa are highly collaborative, constructive problem solvers, who are driven to build innovative and high-quality end products.
Most days will involve:
• Participating in a team standup to oversee and discuss projects and roadblocks, and solving or escalating bottlenecks and obstacles to ensure delivery of high-quality code
• Working on user stories, technical analysis, and documentation during focus time
• Pairing with other developers with a focus on mentorship and growing others on your team
• Helping to keep your team executing and delivering high-quality solutions
Weekly activities may include:
• Participating in team demos, sprint planning, and retrospectives
• Collaborating in design sessions and code reviews
• Breaking feature-level business requirements into stories ready for technical execution
On a more monthly basis:
• Attending and presenting at cross functional team showcases
• Developing, sharing, and promoting technical and process-oriented best practices with the entire App Dev organization
• Working with other business units as needed
We believe diverse teams have the power to transform business. For us, diversity is not just a “check-the-box” solution. We bring our own experiences and style to our work, which fuels creativity and is sought after as valuable assets. Circa is more than a SaaS-based workforce development company – we are a catalyst for companies to build their own proprietary advantage with powerful diverse teams. Our best-in-class products solve diversity and compliance challenges for some of the country’s most innovative companies.
Circa is a team of experts sharing a passion for diversifying the workforce. Together we’re building a more diverse and high-performing future — team by team, industry by industry. Are you with us?
Circa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Encouraging Diversity and Inclusion is a core value – we celebrate and embrace our differences. Everyone is welcome and deserves an opportunity.