Headquarters: New York
Reports to: Engineering Manager
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls or messages please.
As a Product Engineer, you are an excellent and experienced problem solver with the ability to get to the heart of the issue quickly and can communicate your ideas clearly in collaboration with cross-departmental team members. You implement technical solutions for existing software products and contribute to the design and development of new products and product revisions. Our planned growth requires innovative, creative, and feasible technical solutions you provide.
- Work closely with the Product Lead and JCA Arts Marketing team to provide quick resolution of elevated support issues for JCA products, including the Revenue Management Application (RMA), and Arts Engine Platform (AEP).
- Work directly with clients to gather background information and implement solutions to resolve
- Work closely with the Product Lead and product development team to help design and implement product features, revisions, and enhancements of JCA products, including the RMA and AEP.
- Participate in building automated testing frameworks, quality assurance testing, and load testing of all new products, enhancements, features, and product revisions, helping to minimize the number of errors passing through to the end customer.
- Review system requirements and create accurate estimates for completion.
- Document and store solutions in the code repository using easy-to-read code, code comments, diagrams, flowcharts, wireframes, and clear writing, so that they can be reviewed, revised, or revisited at another time.
- Prepare installation packages and practices to ensure the solution is correctly deployed with minimal disruption.
- Work together with project managers and business analysts to interpret, estimate, communicate, and deliver a client’s needs according to a project plan.
- Balance support work and planned project work between multiple project groups and deadlines.
- Track all project time daily to ensure accurate client invoicing and reporting.
Maintenance and Security
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and abiding by data security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
You are successful as the Product Engineer because you:
- are an expert TSQL programmer with proficiency in database design and server administration;
- have a strong understanding of modern development frameworks and architectural styles including .NET, JSON, jQuery, REST, and MVC;
- are a strong C# programmer with proficiency building Windows and web solutions;
- have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- read and write technical specifications; and
- understand or quickly learn the unique business and system needs of the nonprofit sector.
You are qualified for the position because you:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience as a software developer using C# in a primarily Windows or Web environment; and
- have a minimum of two years’ experience with TSQL and database design.
You have an advantage in the position if you:
- have experience working with the nonprofit CRM Tessitura;
- have experience working with JCA’s Revenue Management Application (RMA);
- have experience working with or developing solutions for nonprofit organizations;
- have Microsoft Developer, Data Engineer, DevOps Engineer or Solution Architect certification(s); and
- have an AWS Certified Developer certification.
You may be required to:
- work remotely from a home office or other remote space;
- work collaboratively in cross-functional teams;
- work 40 hours per week, as this is a full-time position;
- travel up to three times per year; and/or
- remain in a stationary position for the majority of an eight-hour workday.
You are required to:
- adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and
- embrace JCA’s core values.
- Salary range of $75,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
JCA provides equal employment opportunities in all employment-related matters, including hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers and other personnel actions. JCA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on the following protected characteristics: race, creed, citizenship, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, medical condition, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, AIDS/HIV status, uniformed services status, genetic information, height, weight or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
JCA supports and encourages open communication to address each employee’s concerns and expectations. We strive to create a safe and healthy work environment where all employees can be their whole selves and recognize the need for constructive and timely feedback. JCA provides reasonable accommodation for religious beliefs or practices and persons with disabilities.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/jca-product-engineer