Headquarters: San Francisco/Remote
Contra is a professional network for freelancers. We allow you to showcase your skills through projects, not roles and build a trusted community of people you actually love to work with and want to work with again.
Differentiated business model. Contra is upending the marketplace model by charging 0% commission on users services, empowering users and incentivizing quality.
Recently funded, well capitalized. Adding to strong reserves, Contra closed Series B in Jul 21' led by NEA. This followed their Series A in Jan 21' led by Unusual Ventures with Cowboy Ventures and Atelier Ventures.
Rapid and consistent growth. Since its soft launch in March 2020, hundreds of thousands of independent workers have joined Contra with profile creation increasing 50% month to month in Q1 21'.
Young and growing customer base. Freelancers are young. 63% are under the age of 34 and 39% are under the age of 24. Of Contras 120k MAU, 40% are GenZ, putting them ahead of the trend.
High value, high signal community. Profiles display users skills through the projects they’ve worked on rather than the roles they held.
Fully Distributed. Work anywhere in the United States in a natively distributed team.
Who we are looking for
- Technical credibility based on tech chops and/or prior career wins.
- Background in social networks or marketplaces.
- Experience working in a similar stage startup.
- Willingness to be "hands-on" with many tasks.
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Recruit, coach and develop a team from the ground up in a remote-first environment.
- Instill processes to maximize team engagement, velocity and excitement.
- Collaborate with founders to define and implement great engineering culture.
How Contra can add value for you
- Opportunity to scale a startup and drive business
- Remote-first culture
- Health coverage
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month (throughout Covid)
- Complete a self-assessment form (5-10 minutes)
- Non-technical (introduction & culture) interview (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with our CEO (30 minutes)
- Interview with our CTO (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with our Head of Product and Lead Engineer (30 minutes)
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/contra-director-of-engineering-series-b-social-network-marketplace